Sunday, February 26, 2012

Heart breaking....

Today as I sat and thought about our child, I couldn't help but thinking of so many different things within Ethiopia. The leading cause of these children becoming orphans is poverty. I read on Compassion.com that 39% of the population of Ethiopia lives on less than $1.25/day. That is $465.25 for an entire year. This makes me sick to think of how much we as Americans take for granted. My house payment a MONTH is a little more than some of these people live off in a YEAR. And that is just my mortgage! Wow.... can you imagine the things these people go through? They are a land-locked country and often times have to  make long trips just for water, then carry buckets of water back to their homes. The condition of this water is near toxic, but some have no other choice. Does this break anyone elses' heart like it does mine? More has to be done to help these countries...
In all of this thinking I began to think about our future sons mother... The woman losing such a precious child. How heart breaking.... I cant even imagine. Our child more than likely hasnt been born yet. But when he is, is it that she just doesnt want him? Is it that she cant take care of him? Is she forced to give him up for the lack of being able to provide what he needs? Or is he orphaned bc of the many deaths that women endure during childbirth there due to lack of medical care? None of these things would make it any easier to bear. But I hope if nothing else she will have the peace of knowing we are going to give him an amazing family that loves him, and do nothing but have his best interest in our hearts. I pray for her often, just praying that God somehow care for her in this time... and somehow some way give her peace.

I ran across this photo of 2 mother reuniting.... I cant imagine what this would feel like to meet my childs mother. :( So sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment