Monday, June 11, 2012

Today I sit amazed....

Last night I updated our thermometer on the blog. Wow. We have raised $14,717. We are $3,283 away from being to the half way mark!!!! I don't think that really sunk in for awhile. How amazing God is!! He has blown us away with providing our every need!!! And how great a confirmation that we are doing as he has called us!!!

Some of you may know I did a radio interview the other day for our Indian Taco Benefit Dinner in Cushing. As I was there, Molly one of the radio DJs and I were chatting. She had asked if I had always been someone who has had missions on my heart. I of course shared with her that I have been very passionate about missions since High School. She then said a statement that one would think I would have really thought of before "Well God has been leading you towards this for awhile then." This statement is VERY true. I think of my life, all of the events and people in it that have led me to where I am. And yes, he has been leading me here. As I drove the hour back home from Cushing, I thought about this. How God has been leading my entire life to this one decision.
-My heart for missions began when I met an International student in my high school who was from Brazil. We became close friends, and through her sharing much of her life with me... I knew, I wanted to Go!
-I have been friends with several that have been in and out of foster homes, and have been adopted. Friends with a family that adopted 2 children through foster care. Witnessing this changed my life.
-I have always been one who went against the grain, not caring what others thought of me. It didn't bother me to live in such a way that made people uncomfortable. (as in being a Christian, and choosing to do other things such as missions, etc) Lord only knew how much I needed this thick skin for this situation.
-Meeting Daniel. Had I not met him I never would have had the opportunity to meet the Gobbles. Being a part of their adoption opened my eyes to the need! This is what led us to the decision to adopt.

So many things in my life led me here. Some of those weren't the greatest. Such as learning to have thick skin. Much of my life the love for missions and outreach, many haven't understood. "Why???" I was asked this often. Makes it easier knowing it all had a purpose. I did however picture my life much differently. I wasn't planning on getting married, I planned to get my degree, and move off to another country to do mission work. God had another plan for me.

I think back on the day I woke up VERY early in the morning in October, and God speaking to me the verse that continues to push me today "Leave your country and your people... Go to the land I will show you." I really cannot express into words that morning. My small little bedroom was filled with His presence. I laid in tears on my bed praying about his desire for me, and what was my purpose for his kingdom. He led me to that verse. I broke, because I felt stuck. I was like okay, if I am supposed to go and do missions, HOW!!!!???? I just sat and had no idea his plan. Not long after adoption became embedded in my heart. This very morning got me to where I said yes Lord to adoption! This day became my confirmation of what was to come. That verse was my answer, just different than what I had perceived. It wasn't obvious, I had to continue to seek its meaning from him, and here is where he led me.

Ask yourself today, where is he leading you??? What has your past led you in the direction of??? Truly seek that out from him and begin doing as he has called you. Begin working yourself towards his desires for you. You may end up in a very different place than you expected or started in the direction of, but how AMAZING to know you are doing the will of God?

1 comment:

  1. Great post... :) I'm so thankful for Daniel too.. ;). Bummed we missed the Indian Tacos...and I've not forgotten the letter...promise! Love you and praying always!

    ReplyDelete