Thursday, June 21, 2012

If only for One...

I couldn't help but share today... I recently purchased this necklace in the photo. It was my late birthday present to myself. I have been looking for just the perfect one and finally found it :) Couldn't be happier about it either! I love it!

Back to my story, I wore this necklace today to my Dr's office. I've been sick all week and finally gave in and went. Side note: They have been very supportive! The front desk girls and my nurse from getting our physicals done had purchased our bracelets that we have been making and selling to help with fundraising. Love that they support us :) And were back again: when the Dr came into see me he asked about my necklace, and why I wore it. I told him Daniel and I were adopting from Ethiopia, and his face LIT UP! He smiled and said that he and his wife have done several mission trips to Haiti, and have considered doing more in Africa, and that they have discussed adopting!!!!!!!!!!! So I instantly jump to my orphan advocate pants, and began telling him about our agency and that they recently opened a Haiti program and he should look into. He seemed very interested and asked the name of our agency several times and said he would speak to his wife and they could look further into it!!!! Can I just tell you nothing makes my heart happier. That yes, we are on this journey to our little boy, but just our obedience and sharing our hearts could open the door for more orphans to find families!!!!! That we are making ONE LESS by our adoption, but even if we could help ONE MORE find a home! How great a blessing! So until my dying day I will forever share our story, and continue as we wait to share with people that there are so many more orphans out there, even the least of these can make a difference.
I try to be honest in the financial dept, people think you have to be rich to adopt. You don't!!! There are grants, fundraisers, and help out there you just have to take a big step of obedience and God does the rest! Look at our thermometer that should be all the proof you need! Don't allow fear of the unknown or anything else to hold you back. Take a step of faith! That's all you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment