Thursday, October 3, 2013

God knows :)

If you would have asked Daniel and I one year and a half ago where we would be at in our lives right now. It definitely wouldn't have looked like this.

We were talking the other day, we thought we would have a referral from Ethiopia by now. We had this plan for our lives, and guess what - it didn't happen :) We think we know what our lives will be and how things will end up but the reality is - it is totally out of our hands and we have no clue. Only God does. He is the only one who knows what our lives will look like or where our journeys will take us.

When we began the process to adopt from ET, I was terrified to adopt through DHS. Being from a certain county in Oklahoma that's DHS has a terrible reputation - I was terrified to work with them. I didn't want anything to do with it. I always wanted to adopt through DHS but just knew I did not want to in that county because of all the terrible things I had heard. So that's why we decided to adopt through ET first - plus the fact that we knew we would have to fundraise and do lots of travel we thought doing this with no children would be easier.

Then all in a whirlwind it seemed, we fell in love with children in foster care, moved to my hometown, wait continues to increase for ET, decided to do foster care while we waited on the children in foster care, found out we aren't getting them, and now we are adopting/fostering through DHS - in a different county :) God has a way of making us do things. And I honestly truly believe that everything that happened with the kids has brought us to this point for a purpose. We have no clue what will come next, and honestly after everything listed above I have finally grasped - I need not even try to figure it out or guess. haha. Finally God I have learned I know nothing of what my future holds :)

I just want to encourage everyone that you feel like where your journey has ended up or taken you isn't what you were expecting... just wait. The journey is never ending and you have no clue where it will take you. Yes it will not be easy and it will hurt, but God's plan is so much greater than ours could ever be. And I have to continue to remind myself that God wants good things for me, and has BIG plans for me. I can't wait to see what's next, and am eager for our "next" to be some darn cute kids. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment