Monday, July 9, 2012

Smiling in the face of adversity...

Lately I have been on somewhat of a blog reading kick. Cant stop reading others adoption blogs...one thing that stands out. The adoption community is constantly scrutinized and under attack, in some way or another. Breaks my heart that this is an ugly truth about our world. Why don't people see or understand? Why cant they see our intentions, and that we are doing as we have all been called? Our decisions do nothing to them, has no effect on others outside of our family... so why do they care so much?

I love Dr. Phil, and I was watching one of his shows we had DVR-ed. It was about a Pastor's wife who had been murdered. There was a man in their community who was upset that the pastor was putting some of his poor actions into light within the community. This man was doing everything possible to run this family from their home from shooting bullets into their home, setting off dynamite outside of their home, etc. Eventually he set up the town drunk to believe a lie, which then led to the murder of the pastors wife. The children of the pastor, who are now adults, share that their family had asked their father why they weren't moving when all of the threats and harassment was going on... that maybe God wanted them to go ahead and move from the town. They then shared their fathers response, one of the wisest statements I've ever heard, that has probably impacted the remainder of my life.... "If God wanted us to move from this town, he wouldn't send the devil to tell us that." Such an amazing perception of their situation! As soon as I heard it just made me think of all these adopting families that have had such controversy and hurtful things said to them. I for one have never doubted our decision to adopt, and no matter how many hurtful things that are said to us... I never will! But what an amazing truth and way of viewing those that oppose our calling. That if God wanted us to do something different, he definitely wouldn't send the devil to inform us! I hope this encourages anyone that has had very evil and hurtful things said and done to you because of your vision or calling that God has given you! Take it and run with it! Have faith in knowing our God will speak and guide you during that time, and that the sinful actions of others are not anything to judge your actions upon.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”

4 comments:

  1. Love this post. Just found your blog today - praying God's blessings over your growing family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! Love that!!!!! Oh oh oh so true!! :) YOU make my heart smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Mam :) YOU make mine smile as well... LOVE YOU!

      Delete