Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bigger

This week my eyes have just been opened to the reality of....my day to day frustrations, disagreements with others, conflicts with friends and family... There are things that are so  much more important, and BIGGER than these things. We make such a big deal of day to day problems and issues, when you think about the rest of the world... children in third world countries are dying because they lack the medical care they need, children are in orphanages begging for attention and love but continue to not get it, family's are being faced with the death of their child being near due to the battle of cancer. These things are worth your time and attention. These things are worth the angst and hurt we often times give so easily to ridiculously small problems. Why and How can I sit here and be upset that that person talked behind my back, and this problem at work is so frustrating, when there are literally people battling for their life?? It all becomes so much more small and insignificant when you look at it that way. Be content, be thankful for your day in and day out struggles, when you compare what your life could be. When you consider that your lucky to have such simple and easy problems, as you look at the harsh world others are facing.

Many of you may have never heard of the Everaards, they are the district youth directors for Oklahoma Assembly of God. Recently they learned their sons cancer has come back, and worsened. Hospice has been brought in and... they wait. Wait for the unimaginable tragedy that will forever break their hearts. If you have a moment, a brief moment, lift this family up in prayer. I cant even begin to think of the pain they are facing. Ive seen the awful awful effects of cancer on my grandpa, I cant begin to think of a child facing this ugly disease. Makes me sick to think of it. But thats exactly what Im talking about. My problems are nothing compared to this. How SELFISH of me, to feel sad or dwell on the little things that I have faced in my life, while this child is simply fighting for his. Let his story change your life, let it make you different. If nothing else let Gray make you appreciate the little things you've been given. Be content. God has spoken this to me over and over this past few weeks, and I am trying... not for me, but for children like Grayson that show me life isnt something you can take for granted and its something worth being content in and appreciating even the trials.
Read his story at www.pray4gray.com

No comments:

Post a Comment